Letter to my 40 year old self

Here is the letter I used to put toward the making of my Calligram :)

Dear Taylor,


Has anyone ever told you what you mean to them? The good and the bad. Because right now, at 20 years old in October 2020, you have a lot of conflict on who you are and how much you’re valued in life. I hope you’re healthy and happy, but when you come across harder days, I like to remember the unexpected compliments.

“You smile very well with your eyes, you seem genuinely kind and you’re very beautiful” - Woman at Boatyard

“No on else in our family has hair like yours, I used to tie ribbons to my hair so it would feel long” - My Mom

“You have really nice eyebrows” - Ariel the first time I met her

“You have such a cute nose” - Ani in 7th grade

“You speak so well, you should really go into sales” -Multiple professors/mentors

 “My dog loves you, that’s crazy, they don't act like that with anyone” - Multiple Pet owners

“Has anyone told you you’re extremely photogenic” - Ms. G senior year


Little things can go a long way and I enjoyed having the chance to think about these memories as it can be tough to give yourself credit. I am hopeful my generation finds its way to build a kinder society, but as of now, I’m not sure how many people will offer their kind words as I grow older. This isn’t to say my life is valued by others’ words but to say that unexpected kindness can go a long way toward self-worth.


Love,

Taylor


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ANIMATION

POSTER

Multiplicity